Runescape Account Safety
You may or may not have noticed that many peoples accounts have been corrupted lately.
I'm not sure how but it seems most of them don't even have a bank pin.
I suggest bringing up the subject of account safety more often in the clan chat.
Promote having a bank pin and the auth on their account + a 2 step security on their connected email.
Also advice to change the bank pin reset delay to 7 days, this can be done by talking to a banker.

If anyone needs a guide these are the ones you want to use:

Authenticator Guide - Support: http://catherby.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=258
General PC Security Guide: http://catherby.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=943
How to contact Jagex: http://catherby.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=107

Everyone should protect their account, take the annoyance of having a bank pin over the chance of losing all your items.

Passwords:
Never use the same password for your email as your account.
Make passwords as random as possible.
8+ digits with numbers/letters/caps (if possible signs) variations.
[Image: Untitled-4.gif]
Shoot for the moon and if you miss grab a star.
And if nothing works out just flip a table ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) -- (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Twitch | Discord | Runeclan Main | Goals & Achievements | Twitter | Clan Twitter
I just heard about this with Tommygun1195 and her alternate name. Never even remembered her alt but I guess if the email is hijacked they could have done like we had before. They email Jagex asking what names are linked to an email and then run a password recovery on all listed.

Also that one guy a few months back had bad luck with this as well.

Definitely good if you ever had JAG security set. It's what saved me and the 7 day bank pin. Set up 2-step email and never had a problem since.

Not sure how good that authenticator can be if it's bypassed the moment anyone runs pass recovery with your email account and claim they forgot the pass.
[Image: ngor36.jpeg]
"When I came into the game they didn't do nothing but doubt me.
Now the whole game's changed and it ain't nothing without me." - Ludacris
The authenticator works the same as JAG, but you NEED a 2step security on your mail so people can't just access it to disable/recover your account.

Also edited the 1st post with what Phil mentioned.
[Image: Untitled-4.gif]
Shoot for the moon and if you miss grab a star.
And if nothing works out just flip a table ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) -- (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Twitch | Discord | Runeclan Main | Goals & Achievements | Twitter | Clan Twitter
http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Account_Help

This is the form used to recover an account. Sadly it doesn't show any security questions and only asks for answers. Make sure to have those written down somewhere.

Also it doesn't give the JAG security questions even though those are forever on your account even after the old system expired and we changed over to authenticator.

What I STILL don't get to this day is how people can bypass your authenticator to simply change the associated email address of your account without actually inboxing your primary validated email account to deny this permission.

Just had that happen today where all of my accounts are still associated to the same email with 2-step security and unchanged password. Yet somehow when trying to recover a lost password it doesn't let me because the email got changed. Even the Google log in button no longer works.

Somebody said he got my bank PIN as well the password just by DOXXing me. Not sure how or why anything about me would be leaked on the internet since I'm not famous. I could see with people like Zezima getting hacked a few weeks ago by LizardSquad owner Savaged on Runescape, Twitch, Youtube. Even if all had separate emails and 2-step security and different passwords for every website he uses - he is a prime target due to being famous.

Yesterday while at work I lost access to catherby_9. He changed the name to log in from former name Catherby I changed to in 2010. Also it's personal because he got 2 defense in Old School Runescape 2 where I am rank 16 as the highest ranked pure combat 3 fisher on that version of the game. He hasn't touched the stats yet on Runescape 3. But according to screen images sent in by fellow clan members he bragged of selling the name for $300 on Sythe. We've got his IP from suspecious activity 12 days ago on an unassociated gmail account I only use for YouTube (image on Facebook). Also fellow clan members found ties to the Sythe name seller that match that of a Youtube/turtlezzrs whom has been promoting bot script vids since 2012.
[Image: ngor36.jpeg]
"When I came into the game they didn't do nothing but doubt me.
Now the whole game's changed and it ain't nothing without me." - Ludacris